View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylor4 View Post
I'm in the same camp as Judson, but to each his own. I prefer lyrically driven, singer-songwriter type of material. I like to hear interesting stories put to music. I enjoy interesting and catchy guitar hooks/phrasing too but only within the context of the story.

I can sit and listen to an instrumental or two, but I don't see a possible scenario where instrumental music could hold my attention for a whole set, let alone a concert.

My best friend and weekly jamming buddy is all about the tempo, hooks and complicated guitar phrasing. He never listens to the lyrics, just the music.

Here's an example of a well written and played song that represents the kind of stuff I prefer. I can't be seen, but i was in a folding chair, 3 or 4 rows back.

Hey that was great, love the cello, and boy How things have changed for me since last year, because I now think recognise the amp the electric guitar is using. Looks to be an Orange amp

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4