View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Charter Member

Another vote for the Bose L1 Model I or II, with one sub-woofer (the B1)...

Pretty self contained and easy to transport, although my Model I Classic has a base unit that's 32#s... while the Model II's base unit is just 24#s. I bought mine used and got a good price on it, 3 years ago... nowadays, you can probably find an even better deal on either system.

No monitors needed, the sound is wonderful! Pat Metheny toured with a trio and each band member used a Bose... they are pretty much for ONE performer, optimally, but I think they'd cut well for a duo, too... The sound they produce is uncanny in the way it 'surrounds" the listener, envelopes them with sound... the QSC speakers sound good, but they are quite directional; if you're right in front of them, they are HOT. If you're off to the side, you don't hear 'em so great. With my Bose system, I hear the same sound the audience hears, and it spreads through the room, without any hotspots or directional nonsense; a couple can sit right in front of me and hold a conversation without yelling, while the folks 40' away can hear me, almost as well as I can hear myself!

They are amazing systems, and VERY different from every other "point and shoot" PA I have ever used... I play acoustic guitar (Anthem equipped) and sing through it, and I couldn't be happier! (well, except for that 32# base unit, but hey! I'm an old guy!)

They are not cheap, but they deliver the goods... I mean, what other system has sound dispersion that goes around corners?

play on.....................................>

John

"The Cape" (Guy Clark/Jim Janowsky/Susanna Clark)