View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 01:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX17609 View Post
With all due respect to the people who have suggested it, Reaper does not qualify as a short learning curve product. I agree that it's worth the effort, but it's not easy by any definition.
I agree. I found Reaper to be non-intuitive (like PT and Logic). I wasted a lot of time fighting it, then finally went with StudioOne, where I rarely ever have to look up instructions to find out how to perform a function. I use PT when I'm working at other studios but I really do hate it.

Also, I personally recommend hanging fabric for room treatment. It kills the high frequencies and lets the bass create a wash of mud. Standing reflections are not ideal either so find the best sounding (usually the largest) room in your house so you don't get the boxy sound from the immediate reflections of a small, square room. Bringing more furniture into a room can help. Just because you have no budget doesn't mean you can't be pro-active about improving the sound of your room. After all, it becomes part of your recorded sound.