View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
Well, we'll see Blue.

Ask any British Rock Star from the 60's who their major influences were and they'll always put The Shadows at or near top of the list. That ought to get them into the RRHOF.

Link Wray and Connie Francis should be in their too.
Kind of making my point there. Any British Rock star will put them in as a major influence. Wanna bet they put Freddie King first? Maybe not in terms of the first thing they heard that made them want to play, but in stylistic influence. In America the hit version of Apache, which was their "walk don't run" for casual fans wasn't theirs. I'll link the US hit below.

I want them in. Believe me I do. But I would want Link in before them. And not because he's an American. But because he lived and breathed real Rock and Roll until the day he died. Same with Dick Dale.

As I said it took them 23 years to put the Ventures. And they are an American act.

Edited to add: Nah. Put them in first. The living should get the adulation and album sales over the dead...