View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 02:42 PM

Default Advice On My Next Guitar!

I know I'm being selfish with this post, but I'm very torn and I need some opinions!
My main 2 electric guitars are a Fender Telecaster and a Gibson SG Standard (both American). Complete opposites (which is good)!
My secondary electric is a Gibson Nighthawk Special I got for a good price off of eBay.

I absolutely love the crisp bite of my Tele, and it's definitely my #1 go-to guitar. I also of course love my SG, but it doesn't get as much TLC as my Tele.
Over my years of playing, I've narrowed down my two favorite styles to play as Brit rock/pop, and blues.

So I'm in the market for a new one, and here are the candidates:

1) Gibson Les Paul Standard (I'm worried it wouldn't feel/sound much different than my SG. I'm worried that when I get past how beautiful it is, I'll just go back to my Tele...)
2) Fender Jaguar or Jazzmaster (they've always lured me with their uniqueness, but again, would it sound too much like my Tele?)
3) Gibson ES-335 (I'd love to have a hollowbody (edit: semi-hollow), but how versatile is it? It needs to be versatile enough to justify the investment...)

Everyone in this forum always has great opinions, and I could definitely use some now!!

Thanks
Fender MIM Thinline Telecaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom

Last edited by g2c; 10-31-2006 at 03:22 PM.