View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 08:30 AM

Default Any Martin DX1 owners please help

Hello
I have owned a DX1 for 6 months. I took it in for a set up. The first guy looked into the truss rod hole and told me "Your truss rod nut is missing." He told me to return the guitar.
Speaking to my bro on the phone, he thought the guy just hadn't looked properly- that it was deeper down. So I took it to a second set up guy who was certain it is missing, as he put it "maybe the newer models are different, but I think the top part of the truss rod is missing."
Since the shop I got it from is 3 hrs away I wanted to be absolutely certain, before driving only to be told that the DX1 truss rod nut is very deep. I'd read somewhere that a new duel action system is used? Anyone?
Finally, I took it to a third shop. The guy there used a mirror and said he still could not see it. He said he'd seen DX1's before, that the truss rod is accessed deeper than usual, but than mine is simply missing, and that he had never seen this in any guitar before.
Unfortunately, no where here stocks Martins (hence why the shop I got it is 3 hrs drive) so I cannot go and compare it to another DX1.
So my question to DX1 owners- where is your truss rod nut? ie the thing you stick the allen key into. Is it more than 4 inches into the hole?
Many thanks.