View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 09:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
…Any other "old timers" in this boat???
Hi guys…
I think I'm probably the other side of the issue. I will say if one buys a great acoustic without electronics and builds the pickup rig afterwords, you get more guitar for the money and a better pickup.

I have been living in a world where my acoustics needed to be amplified to be heard for over 30 years, and was thrilled when I discovered dual source (pickup plus internal mic and preamps) about 20 years ago.

My first decent system was a Baggs dual source with a honking big preamp velcroed to the sound board, and dual volume knobs in the edge of the soundhole, which seemed to need to be adjusted every venue. I played it for nearly 7 years.

When I finally migrated to a K&K Pure Mini, internal mic and outboard Raven and DTAR preamps (over a decade ago), the sound finally allowed me to not focus on the amplification and just play. I have them in every one of my 4 guitars, and they are easy to manage, and always result in good sound through amps or PA systems.

And though I love to sit in the living room and jam, I love being able to fit into any ensemble situation and still be heard over the electric, the bass and the drums (not to mention the keyboards) without pushing or playing harder trying to be heard.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…