View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopicker View Post
I am considering buying a Crate Limo TX50Dto use as a combo small pa and acoustic amp. However, it has only a headphone jack and no line out. I want to be able to use it as a monitor with a quarter inch jack line going to the board if possible. That of course means that I cannot use the HP jack normally as it would cut off the speaker.

Any ideas about how I could modify the amp? I have some limited knowledge of electronics. There is no effects loop; only an insert.

Thanks in advance to those of you electrically enlightened!
Hi OP...

I use external preamps with all my guitar rigs, and just pull a lead off the preamp to the board/snake and take the other output to my acoustic amp.

Another similar strategy would involve purchasing an inexpensive (under $30) passive direct box. You plug the last item in your chain from the guitar into the direct box and then take the 2nd 1/4'' jack to the amp, and the XLR to the board/Snake. This would not reflect your use in the house of any on-board effects you are using.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…