View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 05:17 PM

Default You raise some good points

Hey, thanks for that chart! I'll definitely have to keep that in mind. I think I have settled on the GA body style, but I am open to considering the x16s. I the GA models look small in photos, but in my hands and on my knee, they feel fantastic. I know the GS shape is slightly larger, and I do like having better bass response, so that is a definite possibility. I believe I spotted a 316 on the wall but I didn't bother to pick it up, seeing as I went just before closing time. ^_^;; Anyhow, would you say moving up to a GS shape reduces individual note definition? That is something I'm interested in having.

I've been trying to rationalize buying a 4xx model with the idea that given all the 15% off deals GC has these days, I could easily haggle with them a bit to discount one for me. That and the GCs in my area did have a discount on a few Taylors during this past weekend's sale. I'm a sucker for good looks it seems, so I've been hoping I'll come across a 414 that has "the" sound. Either way, I'll be happy with either model regardless; my Ovation Celebrity is really good for what it is, but Taylors are something else.