View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 07:01 AM

No, I don't think so. I've recently been looking for the perfect crossover nylon string guitar for me. I mean crossing over from playing a Strat for the last 9 years. I've been through several nylon acoustic\electric guitars including:

Godin Multiac
Takamine TC132SC
Alvarez MC90C
Carvin CL450
Taylor NS34CE

I've gotten in narrowed down to the Carvin and the Taylor for now. Both are incredible guitars but the Taylor has the slight edge. It's tone, craftsmanship and playability are superior to any I've recently owned. And the Customer Service from Taylor is unparalleled by any I've ever dealt with. Right after receiving the Taylor, the bass side tuning keys had a problem: the A string barrell cracked and busted. I called Taylor CS at 4 pm on a Friday and within 3 minutes I had the new part on the way. Recieved it three days later (counting Sunday), put it on and was back in business. Customer Service is incredibly important!

As to your question about 'Overpriced or not'. For a new Taylor - maybe. But I think all new main brand guitars are overpriced. I purchased mine off of Ebay for a little more than half of retail and am quite sure I can get my money back out of it if I wanted to.

vtg