View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT55 View Post
I play acoustic and electric. I’ve setup a pedalboard that accommodates both. The biggest advantage is individual control of each effect with no menus.
I do this and agree 100%. I have a Zoom G3X and have tried to make acoustic-friendly patches, but nothing beats a pedal board will all the pedals corresponding to the effects you use in a layout you can adjust on the fly.

A whole pedal board setup certainly costs more than a swiss army alternative, but for me, being able to dial in the tone I want relatively quickly is worth it. Also, a 5 minute looper my Ditto gives me is way better than 40 seconds from the Zoom. The control I have from the Ernie Ball VP Jr. is much more precise than the G3X's expression pedal, the LR.Baggs Para DI I have doesn't hurt my electrics' tone and I can get my acoustics to sound perfect, my tube pre- gives my electrics tube sound whether use a tube amp, or go direct to a PA, and if I don't want tube sound for my acoustic, I can lower the gain and put a pad on it, and the benefits go on and on.