View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby1note View Post
Bob,

Here's Yorkvilles' dealer locator page. You'll usually find these products at a "Pro Sound & Light" type of operation, not the stereotypical "music" store.

http://yorkville.com/default.asp?p_id=5

I dunno Bob,,,,I think you'll have a hard time finding better than your EV SX100's.
I got this response from a PA forum I visit.

"most powered speakers are going to sound better than their non-powered equivalent because most of the powered speakers are bi-amped, meaning they have separate amps for woofer and horn. This allows internal processing, which provides eq, time alignment, and electronic crossover. All these are dialed in at the factory for the best sound from that speaker. Also, most have limiters built in."

The Yorkville is in the same weight and pricerange of several powered 12's. They seem to blow away the Mackies. Would love to here a side by with the SxA100's and the K12's even just to see how these Yorkies perform.

BUT even with the comments above, I am really not looking to lug around powered 12's. With my shoulder getting better I really need to start to make a decision soon!