View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 09:08 PM

The limits were definitely stretched here, because I don't think a wooden headstock would be able to take the pressure with such small margins around it (but I might be totally wrong).

I've not yet tried the pick-up system. I'm in the middle of building a work studio and my little amp and such are all buried. I'll have to dig them out. I used to play Sunrise pickups in my wooden guitars and have never stopped kicking myself for selling the pick-ups with the guitars. I just thought that the regular Ultra-Mini might need some additional help in separating out the signal from each string pair for clarity.

The bridge is a pinless bridge in which the strings are slid through from the bottom. I love ANYTHING that doesn't involve bridge pins!! I think the only other guitars I've seen that on were Breedlove (I thought Taylor too, but maybe I'm wrong...)

The soundport was unintentional. Thomas includes that as a standard, and I had him omit that from the 6-string. I think it just slipped past when we were discussing this one and it got included just by habit. It's definitely louder in terms of the sound coming directly at me, although the entire instrument is really broad in terms of sound. I've been playing Rainsongs for over a decade now, and my 12-string was a WS3000. This thing has a different tone, but is twice as loud. It took me about three months to adapt to the six-string, and I think this one will be similar.