View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 06:12 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumming View Post
Beautiful wood Mike! Funny, I just had a guitar built for me with Bubinga back and sides by a local luthier and it's my all-time favorite acoustic I've ever owned (so far ;-). Very balanced and woody but with just the right amount of sustain and overtones. I highly recommend it as a tonewood! Plus "Bubinga" is just fun to say. Hope you have fun with the new build!
Ha! yes, good point!! BU-BING-GAAHHHHH....oh yes, I DO like to say that

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacluth View Post
Woody, that looks like an incredible set. I’ve always been pleased with the sound of Bubinga in a variety of models. Great stuff.

For Knives&Guitars, here’s a link to clips of the guitar pictured that was kind of an ad hoc recording session, but you’ll get the idea. Bubinga soundclips. Hopefully Woody will make some clips of this beauty when it’s finished.

I’ve heard a Waterfall Bubinga that John made that was exquisite. Can’t wait to see this develop.
Thanks for chiming in Ryan. You guys did a great job on that one pictured above. I think our good buddy John will make this one really special also. Here is one more picture of this wood with the side wood.

Can you FEEL the Waves??

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!