View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Default Anyone like Waterfalls? **NGD photos added** John Kinnaird Bubinga Build

Many will think I've gone off the deep end before too long...you'll all know why soon...

But until then, let me introduce the next project that John and I will be collaborating on. One of the very cool things about visiting a builder's shop is certainly the general atmosphere of it. But...when you start digging into a wood pile that has been built over 40 years or so of building, sometimes you stumble onto hunks of wood that become very compelling. This is one of those. I saw this gorgeous piece of waterfall Bubinga around a year ago and told John to set it aside for me for a future build. So, the day to make this happen starts NOW

This guitar will be another 13 fret Om with a florentine cutaway. It will have an Englemann top which is really white with some gorgeous silking, and we'll trim it out with some bois d'rose, which is a deep maroon rosewood for the binding as well as probably the bridge and possibly even the fingerboard. No telling what other features this one may have, but I think and hope it will turn out pretty cool.

Here's a little sneak peek at the Bubinga...can you hear the waterfall??

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 04-19-2018 at 01:34 PM.