View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 06:55 AM

If this sort of thing bothers you the solution is really simple - get involved in your community and school board because that's where this sort of policy is made. Then be involved in your kids' education and know their educators because that's where policy is enforced.

I'm involved in my community and it never ceases to amaze me how people will waste time, energy, bandwidth and disk space everywhere but the place it really counts.

How simple it is when the issue is in your front or back yard: I'm on deck at city hall to testify at a hearing tomorrow and my prediction is I'll be among the .00001 to .00005 percent in my city who show up when it seems like .4 of the city makes noise about the issue. You'd be amazed at what 2 hours of facing the right people will do compared to 2 hours spent barking in the wind.

My trips to city hall and school admin building are a few times a year and take .5 to 1.5 hours. They bring more results than talk at the bar or wasting time, disk space and bandwidth on on web forums.

Give this a try when something bothers you. You meet good people even if they may not share your view because the caring and best people are often engaged with what's around them.