View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 06:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Ellis View Post
Let's say I do drum and bass tracks in Band In a Box, convert it to mp3 and open it in Audacity. I want to, then, add acoustic guitar parts using a pair of condenser mics into the Scarlett 2i2. Now, I know I can monitor what I'm playing with headphones in the 2i2 but how do I hear the drum and bass tracks so I can play to them and not have the mics pick that signal up?
You just need to import them into the same session/project (whatever Audacity calls it) Then when you record arm the new tracks you are going to be recording and when you hit play to record it, should play back everything in the session
Also I would not convert them if Band in box records WAV files just keep them as WAV

I am not familiar with Audacity but you should have volume controls on all tracks so you should be able to set the record volume on those tracks and then adjust the volume of the other tracks. So everything is coming through the HP's and will not bleed into the mics

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4