View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 10:41 PM

Default Taylor GS Mini

This thread is just one of many(pun) i have read on the GS Mini....it would seem you can get a dud from Taylor.....? I was lucky! I guess..... and I got a really good one. Sound & tone very(loud) good. In tune up and down the neck which is straight as an arrow. Fit & finish spot on! Now, there are some quirks that i have not seen on other acoustics i have owned. The strings you put on this guitar is really important cause if you use light gauge strings this Mini will SUCK! I use Martin Med-light Gauge Blue-grass M240 Bronze wound and it sounds really good. The Medium gauge set which came on the guitar sounded good for two days....now, i bought the mini this Dec 2011 from Musicians Friend....The guitar was built Feb 23rd 2010 and sat in a warehouse for close to two years....one year 10 months to be exact! The strings had no life after two days. When The GS Mini came on the market they sold 5K the first week of release(2009)! I think Taylor built a boat-load of these guitars in Mexico. It is a crap shoot buying online so I did good and if i didn't like the mini i could just send it back. The one i got is a keeper tho..... street price in the USA $499.00