View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 01:42 PM

Default 2010 Collings D2HA Excellent with Baggs Element For Sale

THIS GUITAR IS FOR SALE AS OF 9/29/2016

My son, Michael Galante, who I had gifted this guitar to , has not had the chance to use it. He is an actor in Hollywood and asked me to sell it for him. (http://www.michael-galante.com/home/ ) check out his reels. He is also on the new TV show, "Notorious", tonight (9/29/2016) at 9 PM ABC, and in 6/10 episodes of "Switched at Birth" in January 2017. Struggling actor who has been on a number of shows in the past few years.

Extraordinary quality, Adirondack "Red Spruce" top gives it a great tone and volume.

This is a great guitar. Bought from the late Stan at Mandolin brothers who described it as "world class" . In excellent shape, plays like a dream. Action and neck are unreal, so easy. Kept in a non smoker, no pets, humidified climate controlled room with my other "babies". 1 11/16" neck.

Here is the original Mandolin Brothers ad:

http://mandoweb.com/Instruments/Coll...itar-2010/3497

Here is a copy of the text from that ad:

Collings (used, 2010) D2HA Acoustic Guitar
Tag No 39-2817 Used
#15927, in excellent plus condition with original hard shell case.
When making a list of the finest guitars in the world (and this is something we find ourselves doing - over and over again - everyone needs a hobby and this is ours) you would have to put, way up high on that list, the rare and becoming more rare all the time Collings D2HA dreadnought made out of hand-selected and fetching East Indian rosewood and (on this one) Adirondack "Red" spruce that has a bit 'o' bearclaw in it. As you know we believe (faith is so important in any guitar-related industry) that anything that breaks up symmetry in a piece of tone wood intensifies its amplitude, dude. This is why high fidelity speaker systems generally place speakers so that they fire in different directions within a cabinet. Bearclaw spruce can be depended upon to produce a longer sustain due to less sound cancellation (caused by that evil villain, symmetry). Adirondack, being slightly stiffer than Sitka, has a much wider grain and a crispy clarity that is unduplicated in the world of vibrating vessels of acoustic verisimilitude. The thing is that Collings, like all builders, is finding it increasingly difficult to obtain high quality Red Spruce and so they have effectively ceased offering it as an option on their East Indian rosewood instruments. Let's put it this way - they say that they will accept such an order but that it might take twice to three times as long to build since supplies are so slim. But we don't care, any more, because we have this guitar here now, and if you know what's good for you you'll phone and say those words we loves to hear: "Can you play this for me over the telephone?". The features of the instrument include: grained ivoroid binding, prewar scalloped bracing, crosscut grained ivoroid and black/white nitrate strip purfling, herringbone border, crosscut grained ivoroid and wood strip rosette, tortoise style pickguard, a gloss-finished mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard and bridge, rosewood peghead overlay with mother of pearl Collings logo and a traditional diamond and square inlay, and nickel Waverly tuners. It is a guitar to give up 5-course lunches for, for the rest of the year. Bursting with flavor and nuance, it is the culmination of the waking dream.

Ebony fretboard, Brazilian Rosewood Headstock overlay.

Mandolin Brothers installed a Baggs Element, pickup with a volume control, worth another $300

Includes, of course the beautiful Collings case.

Will ship to lower 48. I am in the Hudson valley, NY state.

Paypal OK,

NEW PRICE: $2950 plus shipping & Paypal cost.

Guitar does have a small mark, which is not visible, unless you magnify, with a very
bright light. Will send pic of that if you want. Smaller than a pencil point. Also a few superficial
marks, which Rocco at Mandolin Brothers says can be buffed out very easily.

Email for more pictures.

[email protected][/email]

Bourgeois Country Boy Deluxe Sunburst
Martin Stefan Grossman Signature # 175
Prucha Legend Cherry wood Banjo
Johannes Bonefaas Banjo
Collings D2HA
Fernandez Telecaster 1990's
Goldtone Resonator
Banjolele
Voyage Air Adirondack top.

Last edited by Jupiter; 09-29-2016 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Guitar for Sale again