View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Charter Member

The first time I listen to the late Nick Webb of Acoustic Alchemy in the 90's introduced me to Lowdens. When I walked into a boutique in St. Augustine (which is now closed) this fellow from Germany had several Lowdens, Santa Cruz, and Martins (which I was set out to get) but when I played some F & O models I was blown away, then when I played the LSEII it was all she wrote and that baby is still with me!

What gave it the edge besides the incredible Lowden unplugged tone, was the comfortable F body & slimmer neck along with a great stage & recording abilities. The top on this guitar has incredible response and DEFINITION, from whisper fingerpicking to flatout jammin'. The shallower body allows projection and no muddiness. Most balanced guitar I've played. Not to mention how the sitka top has ambered and the cross-silking is beautiful. It has held up to giggin' on the beach and outside here on Florida's First Coast and the 5-piece neck stays in tune in these humid conditons when other guitars have had trouble and it doesn't sound wet and never thuddy.

The only guitar that has come close is my BTO Goodall CJ, but even she isn't as rugged although she sounds very sweet.

http://www.acousticgallery.com/photo...1_100_2147.JPG

noledog

Last edited by noledog; 04-27-2012 at 12:08 PM.