View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 09:45 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
Thx Scott...

Are those the same material as the tortoise just in a different color?

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Sorry, missed this, Todd. Yes, identical material, same amazing tone, different color that's all.

This material -- one of the first polymers discovered by mankind in 1895 in Germany -- is still considered by many plastics experts the most beautiful ever invented.

Quick story: CLP was founded to make the brown picks. So why the tortoise and red? Truth: As a player, I fell in LOVE with this material. For the real tone-chaser, as I've been my entire life, it stands alone.

This material is such a challenge to make into picks, and frankly, it almost hurts our bottom line more than it helps it; but what you read on our website is in fact true: I got into this as a PLAYER first, not a business man or an entrepreneur, and I will only ever make products I myself play and cherish. I'm proud to say that's a rarity in the pick business.

If you had a dartboard with a list of the more than 200 industrial plastics in the world, you could throw a dart blindfolded at that board and any plastic you hit would be five to ten times more profitable than the stuff we make.

I won't mention any names, cuz I don't roll that way, but there are some "premium" pick manufacturers out there whose material costs less than five cents per pick. Five cents. And they sell these picks for $5.00 to $10.00 -- and offer NO WARRANTY whatsoever. None. Like it's some kind of nasty word. One guy even INSULTS his customers on his website, as though the thought of backing up his products is some sin visited upon mankind, like a swarm of locusts. (BTW, one of our materials costs more than A THOUSAND TIMES the price of that five cent pick.)

And here I will mention a name. Blue Chip. When we saw the respect and care they extended to their customers, we said, "We want to be like them!" They are the model for our industry, and they deserve your business, still, always. Here's the deal: Yes, they have fantastic products, but that is NOT the reason they've been so successful. Know what it is? They care for the customer more AFTER the sale than before the sale. That's how you build a great company, and they have. At Blue Chip, once they take your money, they don't run and hide. That's a company to emulate.

We're just so proud to be part of the conversation, and tickled by the kindness of so many players and friends. That is indeed a recipe for success.

Off the high horse, sorry,

scott

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 12-04-2016 at 10:01 PM.