Thread: Lamaq Acoustics
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 07:04 AM

I received my small bodied cutaway within 2 days of paying for it. Well packaged as well - via Parcel Force. Even a cheery postman who said 'Here's something to twang' as he handed it over - must be Christmas!

It's actually about the same body size as my Taylor 712 but the short scale length and lightness make it feel more like a parlour or travel guitar. I note your comments on the strings and I will change these and see what it's like - it's very (too) bright but the bass string is dead. It's pretty good through my acoustic amp though and the Fishman works well.

The action is too high at the nut but once again for £xx it's a steal. For personal preference It will cost me about £80 to have the frets lowered and the action reduced.

The cedar top and and Indian rosewood are lovely and it has a nice abalone rosette and twin purfling around the body and up the neck. The 'second' designation is due to some discolouration in the top laquer about the size of the top of my thumb and there's splashes of paint on the inside of the guitar.

Overall I'm a bit disappointed but shouldn't be.

Last edited by cotten; 01-08-2007 at 06:38 PM. Reason: AGF Rule 2 in FAQ: No guitar price discussion.