View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 09:51 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrErikJ View Post
I'm increasingly leaning towards the possibility that the Tonedexter is the best and simplest means of achieving a quality sound with the least material in my guitar possible. A worthy investment.

James, do you perceive a "hollowness" when you use the LB6? I'm unfamiliar with how your guitar sounds and I can't tell if I'm misinterpreting the correction of the piezo's exaggerated midrange or if it's not able to waveform the mixed phase crystals very well. It might also be something that could be adjusted for by experimenting with mic positioning and creating more than one map.
I do perceive that hollowness you mention. I am fairly certain it can be improved with better mic positioning, but I attribute some of it to the out of phase issue with the LB6. It seems that's the slight penalty you must endure in exchange for the huge amount of feedback immunity you get with the LB6.

It's more noticeable with chord strumming. I didn't notice it as much on the last demo I made (and posted) without strumming. That one used the same exact WaveMap.
James May Engineering
maker of the Ultra Tonic Pickup