View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 09:01 PM

Jseth made a good point...the Bose is pricey! My personal opinion? More than it needs to be. I did like their premise...basically "you hear what the audience does" and no extra monitor system needed. So, if you do plan on performing and incorporating vocals...peek at the clone I've built. You can assemble it with trades, etc., and be WELL under what you'd pay for the least expensive Bose system. Here's a link to my latest version of the clone...scroll to the end and click on the image.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ht=coffeehouse

...adding to the picture. It's two line arrays with 4 Tang Band drivers each (same as my original projects). I now use a nice small mixer case hosting a Mackie CFX12-->DBX 266XL compressor-->Crown CE1000 amp. I've fed the Mackie's subwoofer out to 1/2 DBX & into CH1 of the Crown. The mixer's left channel is used as a mono feed to the other DBX channel & into CH2 of the Crown and into both columns in parallel.

Yeah, I sacrificed the ultimate portability of the Bose, but the flexibility in this system lets me do everything I need and then some.

Cheers!
Brad

bradM - SW Ohio - love to pick!

<{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}><

Last edited by myersbw; 05-27-2013 at 09:08 PM.