View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
At this point I've made IRs for one person, Cuki made my IRs for another, and one person installed Octave and made their own (not including Doug Young who had them almost forced on him by me).

Only 3 customers and it's free. So far all three report very good results.

Either the market is small or the barrier to use them is too high :~(.
I actually had everything setup for this a few days ago and was about to make an IR and got interrupted. However, I just sat down a few moments ago and made one IR for one guitar. I created the initial wave file using reaper and I gain matched the "mic track" and "pickup track" and exported the wav file and used the IR generator. I than loaded that into reaverb and started messing around. In the end I settled on a dry signal of 0 and wet at 6. Very nice! What I'm listening to sounds very convincing. I used a Slate ML-2 mic to do the wav file and the IR sounds just like the guitar mic'd up. I'll be sure to do the remainder of my guitars in the near future.

A big thanks to Jon and Cuki for all the hard work they put into this and sharing it with everyone for free. If you're the type of person who's into this kind of stuff I recommend that you take advantage. Some pretty amazing stuff here and it's pretty quick and easy to do!