View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loco gringo View Post
You are my hero. I mean that sincerely. I wish I could get away from my glow prison.

Remember when you wouldn't talk to someone you knew on the phone for days, sometimes? Seriously, now you get multiple daily phone calls and texts from friends and relatives for the most inane things. Things we would never have picked up a landline and called someone about years ago.

The other thing about Home Depot and Lowes is when you buy something, they print a receipt out that is about 24" long. It is ridiculous, but they have to try to get you take a survey.

What would the world be without a survey? Surveyless? Oh what a great thing a surveyless world would be.

Yeah...I was at Lowe's last week and bought a small houseplant for $2.99..

Paid cash...while going thru the usual song and dance...telling them they didn't need my name, phone number, zip code or email address...

Then the clerk handed me a 24" receipt...I held it at the top and let it hang, while telling the clerk I thought the Co. could save me and them a lot of money by not printing 24" biblical scrolls for a $2.99 purchase...