View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 02:01 PM
Charter Member

I have had 10 and now have two. Great guit fiddles!
Getting the right feel and tones cost me some money on the ( primarily USED) buy and sell merry-go-round but I am pretty sure I found the one. A 2004 McCarty rosewood neck.

Their designs and looks are very seductive but for breaking a sweat gigging they felt too expensive to wield around. My last gig I played one and I noticed I was playing my right hand a little tight and leaving it drape still on the strap.
Caution and gigging can only go so far. So this one will be going.

I really like certain eras. The 90's had great slab board rosewood... (some reddish specimen) fret boards. I had some oily dark boards too in the 2010 - present era. I like the early 2000-s birds the best. Todays PU's are wonderful. If you crave a FAT neck and more stratish clarity the mid 90's CE 22's play like a fast strat with the Dragons.

All in all my goto 2 hum, short scale guitar is my 2006 Tom Anderson Atom that I call my Stradivarius. SO I am going to sell my 2015 CU22 artist and slap some splittable PU's into the great rosewood neck 2004 that has a bright sustain. For the the older I get I am finally figuring out where the guitar fits. In the center....by cutting through the mix, and residing in the electric guitar frequency space for ensemble playing.