View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 11:11 AM

First, a few disclaimers and confessions. I am not very scientific about guitars, and obviously not as smart as many folks. I don't worry about all of the different bracing patterns, and I really don't know what all of the sound descriptions mean ... modern, complex, dark, light, full, empty ... and so on. I am sure others would find it a little silly, but it has been called to my attention in some recent threads that I did not know if my guitars had a stripe down the back, or where the dots were on the fretboard. But I do know when I play a guitar if I like the way it sounds, plays and projects, and when I don't ... and that's enough for me. And I realize that just because I don't prefer a certain guitar, that does not make it bad, or mean that someone else won't like it. I play with a flatpick ... primarily bluegrass and some old country ...

OK ... I am not a big fan of the 16 series guitars. I prefer the sound of the 18, 28, and 40 series, and yes, all of the different models within those series play differently, and sound somewhat different. BUT, I have played two HD-16R-LSH's, and have really liked them both! I found the neck very comfortable, and the tone and projection much more to my liking than any other 16 series I have played. In my opinion, it is certainly worthy of consideration and comparison ...

Playing music with my friends ... March, 2005