View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 10:14 PM

Exclamation ¡ It's Time To Record !

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryj47 View Post
Hey Ramon,
I read where you got the 6i6 (?). Congrats.
First of all I don't notice any latency issues with the Focusrite at least using Reaper as DAW software. I was really asking if my clap test was valid to prove that the latency is properly compensated. Because there IS latency. The Focusrite has inherent low latency but I believe the DAW software still must compensate for it if you're overdubbing. Especially after recording several overdubs. My last recording used an iPad for drums (pretty lame) the 5 guitar parts plus bass. Currently the project is with my piano player friend to add piano.
Anyway, enjoy and record!
Terry
Thanks terr47 :

I am happy as a clam in sand . The degree in latency is really negligible so far and even
if there are any I can circumvent this issue this way . I will use the FX for vocal -
guitars and harmonicas off my T.C. Helicon Voice Live 3X in front of the 6i6 . If there is any
issue of latency I have that covered but really don't think it's going to be a issue at all

With my Godin LGXSA I'll trigger midi with the Roland GR33's FX for the midi/synth voices in front of the 6i6 too .
My pc only has 4 Gigs of Ram . Till I get more Ram this will work fine .

The audio on this unit is really up there in class/quality . The gain and clarity did not disappoint
me at all add the double headphone jacks to the list of cool stuff it sports .

I presently don't own a unit with SPDIF but I'm considering a keyboard/pads or what ever to fill that input

I'm set and ready to go once I get Reaper nailed down . I've a good assortment of mics to compliment my set up .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me