View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 02:15 PM

Cool Focusrite 2nd.Gen.

I'll be finding out when my 6i6 arrives Saturday .

That said :

From the limited research I have been doing for the last 6 months , these issues with [ buggy ] driver issues have been when owner's of the
1st Gen downloaded the 2nd. Gen drivers in hopes of a lowering the latency and for some it worked while many had issues over it .

Win 10 users are mostly posting positive comments overall on all the 2nd. Gen units . You can see a lot of the 1st.Gen units on ebay and
Reverb for sale , that's a possible indication that these people want to get the lower latency 2nd Gen. unit .

I'll be busy as can be trying to figure out how to down load the bundled software , it's kind of time consuming the way it's structured to protect the
the manufacturer - oh well - it's a dirty job but someone has to do it .

I reviewed [ EVERY ] single youtube video on the 6i6 available to date , the 2i2 & 2i4 are the same unit except for the additional ins/outs - midi - IOS control .

Aside from these add on's they are the same reliable units and should get you what your looking for in recording your music . What mic & instrument(s) are you recording with ?

I'll be recording vocal , percussion instruments , electric guitar - acoustic guitar / ukulele / various harmonica types , trumpet and midi synth .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me