View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 10:53 AM

Congrats, Tony. What a beautiful guitar. And thank you for your introduction to Dr. Brunton. Clearly, these guitars are a labour of love for him. He is a retired academic and probably is not too dependent on selling guitars for a living. In other words, you are getting great value for your money.

Is it French Polished? You may want to get a Sageworks Kris Barnett Guitar Support or a Neck Up for it. I recommend some kind of support for good posture that can only help you to enjoy playing more.

12-hole bridges make stringing up a guitar a cinch as there is no need to make loops that don't slip. If you are going to use fluorocarbon treble strings be aware that they are very slippery and are likely to slip and cause whiplash marks in the top. Ugh!! Cedar is a soft wood.

With French Polish, you may want to be careful about your forearm and abdomen contacting the guitar. It takes about a year to harden and even then remains delicate. Wear a sleeve when you play.

I hope you have years of joy with it. I consider myself a jazz cat but classical guitar is always close to my heart.

Last edited by Jabberwocky; 03-24-2017 at 07:08 AM.