View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankhond View Post
...the obvious way to handle these kind of situations, here and everywhere... Cultivate an attitude of a friendly, compassionate rock that will not be budged.
In practically every other situation, I would agree with this instantly. In this case, I cannot. Worship is about to start. There is no time at time moment for any other option. In order to lead, the leader needs my mic. The reason, at that moment, is immaterial. If I am unwilling to sacrifice my pride, my preparation, and my mic, and insist that I'm the one who's right here, which in fact I am, I would not be surprised in being removed from the team afterward.

First things first, and at that moment the first thing is that worship begins unhindered. I know. This is VERY different from other musical endeavors.

It's not unlike a lot of team sports, however. Imagine a quarterback needing to borrow my chinstrap so he might attempt to score a winning touchdown in the last 3 seconds of the game. I already have mine. He shouldn't have lost his. If I choose to be a compassionate rock that will not be budged... See what I mean? Self sacrifice is sometimes common to both worship music and team sports.

cotten