View Single Post
Old 10-01-2002, 09:05 AM

Default Re: Stratocasters: Just way too many!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Crider
Gang....

In teasing myself over a possible electric purchase, I've found myself fond of (online) the Fender Strat series as well as several PRS electrics. (But let's keep this thread on the Strats for now....I may start another one regarding the PRS line...)

In reading and looking at the Stratocasters, I see just so many....it's overwhelming to try to digest it all. I'd like to single out and/or eliminate a few prior to ever setting foot in a store to handle them.

I see:

Standard
American
US Special
Fat Strat
Double Fat Strat
Texas Strat
Texas Fat Strat
Hot Rodded Strat
Mexi Strat

....and it goes on and on.....

If any of you own one or more of the above and can elaborate a little on the differences, I'd love to just read some of your opinions on these.....

Thanks in advance....

Rick
The Mexi strat, triple pick up and a great value at 300-350 dollars. I actually frefer the smaller frets on these.

Fat strat has one humbucker in the bridge position and can be had in Korean, Japan, Mexi or USA version. Dont like them

Double fat strat- Buy a Les Paul and get the sustain to support two Humbuckers

Texas strats- These things a wound wat to tight and have a dirty sound and if you want to play LIke SRV this might be your guitar.

If I were going to buy a strat Id either buy a American Standard or Mexican Standard strat. You get that classic standard strat sound. The new American Standard Strat is one of the finest electric bargins in super quality guitars out there. The mexi strat at a little less than Half the price is a bonefied bargin. Id stay away from anything with a Texas or Hod rod pick up unless youve got your amp set on 11 and you jumpin up and down on the roof of the hummer singin "LETS GET MUDDY!!!!!" JW