View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 07:43 AM
Charter Member

Default Back in the tenor guitar fold

I once had a vintage Harmony tenor bought when I was head over heels in love with the Kingston Trio. That phase ended and the tenor guitar went unattended in its case. Then my son-in-law admired it at a time when I was struggling with several physical ailments that limited my playing time so I gave it to him. He has made good use of it - more than I ever did. Several years ago I began to regret not having a tenor guitar so I posted a note here on the AGF seeking to trade one of my six strings guitars for a four string tenor. I found no takers so I shopped around for an outright sale and found a vintage Regal tenor guitar through Reverb.com. It is being shipped to me with arrival expected next Monday. Meanwhile I've been checking out video clips on YouTube.

I'm glad to be back in the tenor guitar fold.
Wechter/Scheerhorn square neck reso; Gibson TG-25, HP665; Rockbridge 000 Custom BZ; Guild DS-240, F112; Martin HD-28, J-40, D-15SS; Northwood L-00; Regal resonator; Furch Vintage 3 OM-SR; Larrivee L-03W; Gretsch resonator; Mackenzie/Marr Ian Tyson; Taylor 714ce; Alvarez APA 1965