View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreF View Post
Here's a version I came across in cyber land, showing the measure in question (taken from the intro). The notation is not in "classical" form, as noted earlier by Chris.

I'm sure there are many notation variations out there, apart from what was discussed here.
This is a really unusual notation with all the disconnected slur marks that really do nothing either visually or musically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistertomlinson View Post
Change of plans. It looks like I won’t be getting the tattoo until December. I’ve been looking at music tattoos and most artists draw the lines very thick. As you can imagine, the thicker the line, the more forgiving they are if you don’t have a perfectly steady hand.

“Fine line” tattoos are growing in popularity. They use a smaller needle and require more skill so not all artists will do them...but if the calligraphy is going to be properly drawn, more care will have to be taken than I think the average tattoo artist is willing to give it.
If you're set on getting a tat, then you had better vet the artist fully before you get permanently marked. Also, as I look at the examples you've posted as well as tats I've seen in person, single system tats can tend to look static. A girl who sits down the row from me has a music tat on her calf. Even from only 10 feet away it looks like a blotch rather than anything that resembles music. The lack of shape makes it awful looking, even from a distance.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS