View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil1 View Post
Thanks for sharing Nigel. This is really helpful. And I agree that it's a great sounding guitar.

I'm wondering if you can speculate about the way this guitar will age. So many acoustic instruments continue to develop in character and even volume as they age - and that's a contributing factor to the player's growing love for the instrument as the months and years pass.

Do you think this will happen to the same degree with a torrefied top, or do you think the baking process has already brought out a big part of the maturity that might otherwise take 10+ years to develop in a non-torrified top?
You've answered your own question in a way Phil - all we could do is speculate what it would sound like in a few years time.

The torrefied top instruments I have made sounded great right away. For many customers, this is a real plus. Not everyone feels they want to wait 5 years. Or that they have 5 years to wait!

Fair enough. This makes torrefied tops a viable alternative to cedar for those who want a great sound now rather than wait.

Nigel

www.nkforsterguitars.com