View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 02:57 PM

I listened to that same podcast as well.

It was kind of a funny year - what did not work well ended up working pretty well.

Beginning of 2017 I set a goal of getting together a strong audition recording about an hour's in length.

A bunch of challenges presented themselves that deterred me. Some were musical such as purchasing and learning how to use new recording equipment, or being asked to do a pretty big accompaniment performance of about 6 new pieces. Some challenges were not musical.

By mid December no audition recording put together.

But by chance in late Dec. I spent about 4 hours recording material for an hour long cd as a home made-gift for a family member who asked for it. When I listened to the result, I was surprised. It was pretty close to being passable as the audition recording. Had some mistakes in it, and no real dynamics for most of the songs.

So I still have to get that audition recording done, but I am much closer than I thought in mid Dec! I think it will take eliminating a mistake or two (but probably not all) and adding in the dynamics I left out of some of the songs.