View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by open-road-matt View Post
I understood your post. I just made the choice to take it in a different direction. I didn't see much merit in discussing whether or not one company could make one product that satisfied the needs of everyone. I assumed that you must know that I know that it would be impossible for one thing to appeal to all people. That's not the point of this thread at all!

Yes, we all might need/want different things but the list of the basics really isn't that long. Yet it seems like all of the products we've discussed here are missing one or more of the basics. Why?!

How many different ways are there to use an acoustic amp?

Three: 1) mounted on a stand, 2) sitting upright on the floor/table/counter and 3) tilted back as a monitor.

How many channels does a singer/guitar player need?

Two: ideally that accept both 1/4" and XLR with 3 band EQ plus a master volume.

This isn't rocket science and these aren't my super weird, quirky criteria!

Add a DI out, make it small enough to be portable yet enough to fill a small venue and I think this would appeal to a large group of people.

Yet this product doesn't seem to exist. So many are so close. That seems weird to me. That's all.

Matt
The Baggs synapse should do the job. If you put it on the side, since it throw at 180 degree you won't have any angle problem as a wedge. It is not cheap.
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/