View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonius View Post
So then sliding that C shape up into the D position is going to be borderline impossible. I was just trying it out on my Taylor and my hand is hitting the body when I have the C shape at 17 (D chord). So that might just be something I can't do on an X20.
Aloha Carbonius,

Borderline impossible? Not so fast! I can play your C shape up to D on my X20 with no problem at all. I can maybe take it one fret higher, but after that I have to unwrap my thumb and play with the fingers unsupported, like standup bass players do.

As for the offset sound hole, I love being able to hear the sound of the guitar so well. I don't find it overwhelming at all.

However, there is one situation in which it can be problematic. If I need to do a sound check without an engineer, and the overall volume level is really low, (as for a particularly intimate space), it can sometimes be hard to hear the PA over the guitar itself. But in that case, the acoustic sound of the guitar is probably going to play a significant role in what the audience hears anyway, so it has never ended up being a real problem.

———