View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 12:11 PM

Here is a picture of the side of my red opus X20. I tried to get the lighting so you can see the bumps.

I think Acousticado and benderman57 are on the money and answered this better than I could. I have gotten a scratch or two on this glaze, but the damage is really hard to see or notice unless you are looking for it. Probably show up more if I had an Artisan and I would worry about the guitar more too if it was smoother on the back and sides. I don't know that I could even get a picture that would show the scratch on the back. On the other hand I have lots of pick scratches on the top because apparently I can't keep from hitting it when I strum. Alistair suggested a way to buff them out, but they don't bother me so I haven't yet.

I think I didn't get charged extra for the "Crystal Ice" of the opus, but this was back when Alistair was looking at different finishes and I think I got one of the first test subjects with this finish - correct me if I am too wrong. If I had it to do all over again knowing what I know now I would probably still get an opus and try to talk Alistair into the blue finish with no electronics or maybe the green finish. Too many choices. I love the amber too.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?

Last edited by mot; 01-06-2017 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to answer crystal ice question.