View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 11:55 AM

Default NGD- Vintage Handmade Semi hollow

I received an outstanding gift last week from a close family friend that I definitely did not deserve. A close family friend that used to be involved with Elvis in the 50's had this handmade guitar built by a luthier named Julius Bennett in 1979. He doesn't play guitar and it has sat in his Elvis room in his house with his amazing Elvis and 50s music collection unplayed for over 35 years. I refused to take it but he insisted and pretty much made me take it.

I don't know a lot about it or the builder but this is one of the most amazing instruments I've ever held. It has a thick neck but it's very comfortable. I did not know an electric guitar could be this responsive and touch sensitive. It rings very loud acoustically. Looks to be made out of highly figured maple all around. I have no idea about the kind of pickups but they are very loud and deep sounding but with amazing clarity. In side the F hole, it says "Julius Bennett, "handmade: type E no.1. 1979" The headstock isn't the prettiest but it is an original design.

I just wanted to share this amazing guitar and see if anyone knew anything about it or the builder. I definitely don't deserve it and it's too good a guitar for my playing skill. I apologize for being so pic heavy.

[URL=http://s567.photobucket.com/user/rp552001/media/5D7EE376-1103-4285-B096-7F29259B5370.jpg.html][/