View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 05:41 PM

Thumbs up Kinnaird deep bodied OM/Southeast Asian Rosewood/Lutz. Let's do this again!

Yes, this is Kinnaird number 2 for me, why? Anyone with one knows the answer to that question, if you have one, you want two! My only hope is that two does not lead to three haha.

Bob Tucker please feel free to comment!!!!

This will be a deep body OM as I have heard soooo many accolades regarding this body type from the Kinnaird shop. The back and sides are Southeast Asian Rosewood which to my knowledge is pretty rare. It is hard to find a lot of info on it, Steve and Ryan had some, but had not built with it in the past, but have high hopes for the result.

The top is Lutz with just a bit of silking (yes this is sarcasm).

For any of you who remember my first Kinnaird, a fully dressed out SJ, this one will be more basic, no cutaway, no bevels, but yes to a sound port. We have some cool woods for the rosette, I think really cool, and a yet to be completely designed neck inlay, but general ideas are done.

Here are the first pictures:

Back and top, as mentioned above, Southeast Asian Rosewood back and sides, Lutz top. And in case you are wondering as I was, there is nothing rubbed on this back at all. There is a lot of color in that wood!

Center reinforcement strip:

More to come: Thanks for looking!

Last edited by TomB'sox; 11-17-2016 at 06:51 PM. Reason: New title