View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
Gents, there's nothing to agree or disagree with...

We all spend our money on whatever we like. And the reality is that these "less common" tone woods are less common for a reason. Either these woods aren't that hot or the general population are deaf and blind.

As the owner of a yellow guitar (some would say it's a good match with my skin tone), I'm clearly not judging anyone -- simply describing reality as I see it. And as someone much wiser than me once said, reality is in the numbers.

In the fantastic world of guitars, tradition is very important. If you're going to break tradition, your idea better be muchos incredible otherwise its appeal will remain fairly marginal.
The numbers argument is 0. Because gangnam style has the most views, does that mean it's better than Bach or Miles Davis and if everyone knows about something does that mean it's the most important thing?
Consider the common Kenny G afficionado. Is he the smartest music listener? He is average at best. Most people are average. They like average things, like taylor swift, a batman movie and discussing soft superficial science or soft politics.

Last edited by tudor.ciocanel; 08-12-2017 at 06:33 PM.