View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirwa
The topics get steered of course, by those that interject a second opinion on a conversation being held between someone else, they may personally feel they have been affronted, they may feel they have a duty to speak out, its irrelevant the reasons why, this sometimes gets heated opinions, sometimes that does not get heated, in the above instance you will note I never replied to loui's last comment, this was becuase I felt he may have been affronted by my statements and taken them personally which was not my intent, as such I left the conversation with loui having the last say, but never have I been so condescending to another person that asks for help on a repair such as that I referenced above.

Steve
Steve, you're obviously a skilled luthier with years of hands-on experience, with advice I generally agree and respect. I'm happy you see how the last post I commented on could be misconstrued, and if it wasn't your intention to direct that personally I accept that.

Realize too that this is an "open" forum, and unless you PM your discussion to someone, then it's basically open season. Otherwise this wouldn't be a forum.

I agree that there is a lot of misinformation on the Web... but that is the reason folks come here, to hear from the guys and gals that actually do the work. But it's just like any trade or craft; there'll always be good and bad.