View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Charter Member

Default Loud bars and SA220

Yes, the 220 will get plenty, plenty loud. I've only struggled with mine once in a very, very loud bar, and after that bad night a couple people here told me I could have probably tamed the issues by moving where I stood in relation to the amp; my issue was feedback at extreme volumes, but the amp could have still gotten louder.

Having said that, and having bought my SA for exactly the reasons you've listed (I already had a regular PA very similar to yours and split my time between solo or duo, trio, full band etc), I gotta say that the most logical advice is to just take one of your speakers and the mixer. Or, as some suggested, get the smaller speakers, and then still take just one.

I mean, the SA is great, but it's $1000 bucks, and if you think about it, that's a lot to pay for x numbers of minutes of convenience, when you already have a couple really, really nice speakers.

But having said *that* , I'll also admit that it's really, really nice to make one trip to the car, especially on a work night when you're playing pro bono or for chump change.

One last thing: life is long and always changing: I keep going from assuming I'm now a solo artist to then playing in a full band, then back to solo, then another band...so there *is* some logic to stockpiling a bunch of gear, cuz just cuz you didn't use it this year doesn't mean you won't use it a bunch next year.

That, at least, is what I tell *my* wife.