View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 12:58 PM

I was lucky enough to get to test the black picks, and they are really great. I compared them against the CLP brown picks and standard nylon picks which I no longer use(!). Just like people enjoy different aspects of the same guitar, I am sure people will have individual opinions on these picks, but here is my take.

In general the black material is brighter and cuts through the mix better in an ensemble setting. I really enjoy playing lead with the black material as it gives me more power which of course translates to expressiveness in an acoustic setting. One interesting aspect is an apparent low end frequency boost from the black material, it seems to make the back of my guitar resonate/vibrate more noticeably. So you could take from this description that I like to use the black picks on more lively songs and those that I take a solo. Try it and see what you hear!

Thanks to Scott for turning me on to this world of boutique pick materials, and for helping me wring a little more tone out of my guitars!