Thread: Cats
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 10:18 AM
Charter Member

Great thread.
Quote:
Our daughter is a pre-vet student, works at a Vet clinic, volunteers at the SPCA and is the feral cat leader for a rescue shelter.

In the past two years she (just herself not including the other shelter workers) has trapped, rescued, recovered, fostered and found "forever" homes for 250 cats (mostly kittens).
Fazool: Your daughter is an angel...

When we moved into our current home, over 30 years ago, it had a small barn in the back of the property. And with it, a pregnant barn cat. That was the start of our cat adventure.
Over the years, we reached a high of 11 cats at one time, then down to 2, and now currently 5. All of them came to us either via shelter, or they just found us as strays.
I recall every single one of them, and all their names, because their personalities were/are all so unique.
One memorable feline (Peanut Butter) ended up in our driveway one winter day, with a bleeding leg and beat up face. We thought he was an elderly cat, but after our vet cleaned him up, she pegged his age at no more than 2 years old. What a mess. But he turned out to be just the best cat. Kind and affectionate. A real neck wrapper, and a big one at that. I really bonded with that cat, and many years later, when he succumbed to an illness and passed (in my arms), it was one of the saddest moments of my life. You get so attached to them.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
― Charles Dickens

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann