View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 09:42 PM

I've owned many over the years. Always trade for something else, and always come back

Currently have two. A semihollow solidtop (meaning no F-hole) ash Bulesboy with the older Seth Lover pickup (they currently load new ones with a G&L designed and built humbucker), and a gorgeous translucent white ash ASAT Classic. Trans white ash ASATs are my favorite looking solidbody electric guitar. That finish is just stunning.

I've owned ASAT Specials with the big MFD pickups too. I think if you are into rock, they may be a better choice. The Classic is a better blues guitar in my opinion. They don't sound like a telecaster, but I do think the narrower pickup design sounds slightly more "single-coilly" than the wider ASAT pickups. Not icepicky, but slightly clearer, more articulate, and more defined. Either design is fabulous, but if you're going to be standing in front of Marshall Stack, I'd go with the ASAT special.

Amazing guitars that do not sound like Telecasters, UNLESS you get an ASAT Classic Alnico model, which has normal tele pickups instead of the MFD G&L pickups. Here's a cool clip from a guy on Youtube on the ASAT Classic.