Thread: iphone mics
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 10:33 PM

Default iphone mics

Alright, so I just moved back to the US and had to leave quite a bit of my non-essential music gear back where I came from. I had a nice little setup for recording, nothing fancy, but it worked well. However, after going through the time and expense of getting it setup, I realized I really didn't use it as often as I'd though. When I really wanted to record was when I was playing out...rehearsals, small gigs, in church... and there was no way I was going to drag several mics, etc.

Now I'm starting to look at some of these mics I can plug into my iphone, Shure's mv88, Zoom iq, etc. Now I'm not looking to debate whether these will produce the absolute best results, I know I'm giving up something for the convenience and that's what I'm after.

So do you all have any experience with these things? For around $100 a piece I may just have to get a couple that look good and test them out because I can't find a ton of info on many. But if you've got one you love, I'd love to hear it. Thanks in advance!

Burner MS #0013
Taylor 414rce
Taylor 716ce-ltd
Cordoba 75r