View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippet View Post
I just thought it a little bit of a strange thing that in comparison the Taylor's were set up 'high' and thus easier to play for the likes of myself or the more novice player.
Taylors are set up low, not high.

Quote:
Guess Martin's price bracket should tell me they are not or nor do they to need to appeal to the novice payer who doesn't know so much yet.
It's not that Martin does not appeal to novices - their guitars are perfectly suitable for beginners, once set up - as that Martin attracts customers who often prefer a higher action, as others have said. So the initial setup is designed to be modified by the user. Once modified, it can be very easy to play. I have a Taylor, but my Martin 000-18 has an easier action than the Taylor, and my 000-28 comes very close.

Quote:
I have never fixed a guitar in my life but I have played a few,I'm not lazy just never felt comfortable with fixing things by being too worried about messing things up.
The setup is best left to a tech or luthier. It's not hard, but if you don't know how ask someone who does.

Quote:
Sorry if this has been covered,its all a learning curve for me
Not a problem - asking questions is how we all learn!

Kolaya Carmen, Trek parlor (by Harv L), Martin 000-28EC, Taylor GC-5 and 355.